Jesus Feeding the 5,000 – John 6:1-13 – I encourage you to check out this story if you haven’t read it in a while!
Interesting points to consider:
– All these people are following Jesus
– It would take 8 months wages to feed all of them
– A young boy sacrificed his five loaves of bread and two fish
– Jesus’ disciples didn’t think it would go very far
– Jesus prayed for the meal
– After everyone had eaten 12 baskets were filled with what was left over
Jesus not only provides, but he gives us more than we could ever imagine. “God can do anything you know, far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request, even in your wildest dreams. He does it not by pushing us around, but by working within us, His spirit deeply and gently within us.” Ephesians 3:20
The disciples never imagined or dreamed they could feed all those people, but with Jesus all things are possible / He loves us so much and wants to take care of our needs, to be our Provider / But we have to make a choice to let Him be our Provider, we make a choice to trust Him
I made that choice when I was younger and you also have the opportunity to make that choice.
1. God wants a relationship with you. He wants to be your friend.
2. We have sin in our lives. We make mistakes and this separates us from God.
3. God sent Jesus to forgive us for our sins.
4. In response to Jesus’ death we accept His salvation.